Monday, August 11, 2008

Degree deodorant lies!

Click the link in the title. Look in the middle of the page. It says "Proven at the highest temperature on earth." That's crap. The highest temperature on earth was 3.6 billion degrees near Albuquerque, New Mexico by the Department of Energy (true to government form, they didn't know how they did it, but could do it over and over; that's crap, too). It seems hard to believe that Degree would "protect me" from sweat at that temperature. Hell, even my oven goes to 500 degrees, will Degree keep me from sweating at that temp, too?

OK, so maybe they meant proven at the hottest place on earth. That would be Al' Aziziyah, Libya. In 1922. Seems unlikely, since I don't think Degree was around back then. The hottest average temperature is in Ethiopia at about 90 degrees. Again, unlikely, although if they did go to Ethiopia then I take back all bad things; that's a country that could use the work.

So, it was not tested at the highest temperature on earth. That's crap. And so is "competitive dryness testing", for that matter, but less so.

I wrote to them to see what their response would be. I bet they won't answer.

No comments: